This tip will be very helpful for saving time while installing Windows XP.
Normally XP installation takes around 40 minutes to complete, but through this trick you can now save 10-15 minutes.
1. Boot through Windows XP CD.
2. After all the files are completely loaded, you get the option to select the partition. Select “c”.
3. Now Format the partition, whether it is normal or quick with NTFS or FAT
4. Once the formatting is completed, All the setup files required for installation are copied. Restart your system by pressing Enter.
5. After rebooting, you get a screen where it takes 40 minutes to complete or finalize the OS installation.
This is the Trick......
6. Press SHIFT + F10 Key -> it will opens command prompt window.
7. Enter “Taskmgr” in command prompt. This will open Task Manager.
8. Go to Process Tab and look for a process called Setup.exe -> Right Click on it -> change the Priority -> Select High or Above Normal. by default it will be Normal.
Once done you will notice how fast the installation runs and would not take more than 15 minutes....